It probably isn’t news to you that you need to eat enough vegetables. So, what is enough? The CDC recommends that we get 3 to 6 servings of fruits and vegetables per day, with those that are physically active possibly benefitting from more. It can be very beneficial to emphasize sources of green vegetables, as they are the most nutrient-dense source. Green vegetables are at the top of the list when it comes to superfoods. Superfoods can be defined as any food that has an extremely high nutritional value. This includes all highly nutrient-dense foods like those packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytonutrients.
Luckily, for those of us without the time or inclination to consistently prepare our own whole food vegetables, Trailhead Nutrition’s Superfoods packs tons of these vital micronutrients into their convenient powdered formula.
While there are many benefits to eating nutrient dense sources, it’s important to note that an increase in Superfoods allows the following:
- Reduce inflammation (which can promote disease).
- Aiding digestion by providing the body with fiber and digestive enzymes. Proper digestion leads to better gut health and less bloating and gas.
- Other ways to aid digestion include:
- Drinking enough water. Aim for half your body weight in ounces. A great way to drink more water is to mix in your favorite flavor of Stance BCAA throughout the day to liven it up, with the added advantage of promoting muscle growth and retention.
- Eating meals in a relaxed state.
- Properly chewing your food.
- Consuming probiotic-rich foods like sauerkraut and kombucha.
No individual food can provide you with all the sources of nutrition your body needs. The biggest benefits are seen from eating a variety of vegetables, while being mindful to prioritize the most nutrient-dense sources like green vegetables. This emphasis will lead to better well-being, performance, and longevity, especially when paired with consistent habits. Habits like exercising and managing stress, and includes sleeping 7-9 hours a night. If you have trouble getting to sleep or staying asleep, be sure to check out our 1XPM Nighttime Formula.
How else can you make sure to get the foods your body needs on a regular basis? You can look to methods like juicing or making smoothies, as well as adding a handful of veggies to every meal, or you can even replace some of your favorite dishes with a vegetable-based option.
Here’s a recipe to try today. In a large skillet:
- Add 4 tbsp olive oil.
- Fully cook 1.5 lb of diced chicken breast, then remove.
- Add 4 cups cauliflower rice and cook for 4 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Add stir fry vegetables of your choice (peas, carrots, water chestnuts, celery, onion) and cook for 2 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Add chicken back and drizzle 1/3 cup of coconut aminos.
In our fast-paced world, you may find a product like Trailhead Nutrition’s Superfoods extremely helpful. Even if you already eat vegetables on a regular basis, it can help you fill in the gaps in your diet that exist. You can’t go wrong with our vegan friendly formula that contains no artificial ingredients, GMOs, dairy, or gluten. In todays world, it is nearly impossible to make all the right decisions with your diet on a regular basis. Superfoods can be a catalyst to helping you feel and perform your best. Pick up a tub of Superfoods today at Nutrishop inside Ultimate Workout and let your body thank you later!